April 2022 - Newsletter and Upcoming Events
Cove Mesa Tasting Room
Happy 1st Anniversary Celebration
April 8 thru 10
We hope you can join us to celebrate the 1st Anniversary of our Tasting Room and enjoy our specials:
- 20% off all Food (Wine Club Members = 30%)
- 20% off all Merchandise (Wine Club Members = 30%)
Please stop by and have a piece of complementary cake and celebrate with the Cove Mesa Family and Friends!
April Tasting Room Event
RSVP required - text or phone Shelley Estebo at 562-787-9487
Wine Club Members
Spring Wine Release
Pickup Apr 29 through May 15
Our Spring Wine Release is ready soon - the standard 6 bottle release is as follows:
- New - 2021 Chardonnay, Pillsbury Vineyard, Willcox ($35)
- New - 2021 Picpoul Blanc, Yavapai College Vineyard, Verde Valley ($32)
- New - 2021 Cynthia's Cuvée, Blend of Gruner Veltliner & Riesling ($24)
- 2019 Sangiovese, Golden Rule Vineyards, Willcox ($42)
- 2020 Sangiovese, Golden Rule Vineyards, Willcox ($39)
- New - 2020 Reserve Sangiovese, Golden Rule Vineyards, Willcox ($46)
The price of the standard 6 bottle release is $218.00 or $185.30 with your 15% wine club member discount (with tax, the total is $203.55).
You can customerize your release - either in person at the Tasting Room when you pickup or contact Cindy Molin via email at email@example.com. The 2020 Reserve Sangiovese is very limited and, at this time, only available to Wine Club Members and limited to 2 bottles per member in the release.
- Spring Wine Release pickup will start at the Cottonwood Tasting Room on Friday Apr 29 and end on Sunday May 15. We scheduled the start of the pickup period to coincide with the Verde Valley Wine Festival on April 30 in Cottonwood (see below information) - we hope you can attend the festival and visit Cove Mesa Tasting Room.
- Any releases not picked up by May 15 will be charged on May 16 as the standard 6 bottle release and available for pickup or shipping at a later date.
- Cindy will be contacting Wine Club Members residing outside of Arizona in mid April to check on customization and arrange for shipping.
- If you are an Arizona resident and would like your Spring Wine Release shipped, please contact Cindy Molin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shipping 6 bottles of wine within Arizona costs approximately $25.00.
- The plan is to ship all by the end of April before the Arizona heat hits.
Heads Up - What's Coming Later in 2022
< < < < < Wines > > > > >
In addition to the 4 new wines listed under Spring Wine Club Release, we will be releasing the following wines later in 2022.
- 2021 Malvasia Bianca, Rolling View Vineyard, Willcox
- 2021 PicPoul Blanc, Rhumb Line Vineyard, Willcox
- 2021 Rosé, Golden Rule Vineyards, Willcox
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon, Carlson Creek Vineyard, Willcox
- 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon, Rolling View Vineyard, Willcox
- 2020 Malbec, Carlson Creek Vineyard, Willcox
- 2020 Petite Sirah, House Mountain Vineyard, Verde Valley
- 2020 Petite Sirah, Rolling View Vineyard, Willcox
- 2020 Syrah, Dos Padres Vineyard, Verde Valley
- 2020 Tempranillo, Rhumb Line Vineyard, Willcox
Watch for information in our monthly newsletters for release dates.
< < < < < New Tasting Room > > > > >
We have started demolition at our New Tasting Room site in Cornville. We hope to be operational in June and plan to be open 5 days a week.
We will be hiring additional staff at the New Tasting Room. Please contact Cindy Molin at email@example.com to discuss opportunities to join our team in the Tasting Room (wine staff and kitchen).
Refer to the map for locations of our facilities:
Verde Valley Wine Festival in Cottonwood
A celebration of the best in Arizona wine, spirits, food, music, art and community. Join us Saturday, April 30 at the Old Town Activity Park in Old Town Cottonwood— the heart of Arizona wine country - from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Emil and Justin will be manning the Cove Mesa Vineyard Booth.
Check it out and register at https://verdevalleywinefestival.com/product/general-admission
There are also special VIP events.
Wine and Dine in the Vines at Yavapai College
Cove Mesa Vineyard will have a wine and food booth - mark your calendars.
Refer to more info at https: //www.yc.edu/v6/yavapai-college-foundation/wine-and-dine.html
Cove Mesa Vineyard in the News
Cove Mesa VIneyard is featured in the Arizona Republic on the 2022 Arizona Governor's Cup wine competition:
Our award winning wines are shown below:
Check it out - Cove Mesa Vineyard Sign on the 18th tee of the Agave Highlands Golf Course in Verde Santa Fe, Cornville. Special thanks for the golfers who agreed to pose for Emil - looks grand !
Tasting Room - Hours
Come and join us for wine and food in our Tasting Room at 741 Airpark Way in Cottonwood. Our hours are 12:00 to 6:00 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Reservations are not required except for large parties - 10 or more people.
We will also host special events for your business or family - Please contact Cindy Molin at firstname.lastname@example.org for special event information.
We hope you can visit us soon.
April Photo Collages
Another busy month at Cove Mesa !
* * * Tarbell's Arizona Wine Month Celebration * * *
We had an incredible time on March 27 at the first-ever celebration of Arizona Wine Month at Tarbell's in Phoenix! It was so exciting to receive the top awards for our wines in the AZGovernorsCup Wine Competition. A big thank you to @azcentral for hosting the competition and the judges who had the tough job of selecting this year’s prized wines. We are so proud to be part of Arizona’s history-making wine industry and look forward to great things to come for all of the hardworking, talented and passionate wine folks leading our state.
It was a beautiful day with great wine, food and company enjoyed by all. We felt very grateful and humbled to be part of the special celebration!
* * * Pecan and Wine Festival in Camp Verde * * *
What a fun weekend at the Pecan & Wine Festival in Camp Verde! Emil and our new winemaker Justin enjoyed chatting with wine lovers from across Arizona who came to Camp Verde for some good old fashioned fun!
We had a blast pouring our wines at the action-packed festival this weekend and it was fun to see so many neighbors and friends!
* * * Dina - Special Thank you * * *
*** Goodbye & Good Luck ***
Dina Ayala Bohn will be leaving the Cove Mesa Vineyard Tasting Room staff to relocate back to Lafayette, Louisiana where she owns a home and will be returning to her wine career there. She came to Cottonwood to visit her brother David last year and instantly fell in love with the Verde Valley along with a special connection with Emil and Cindy and the Cove Mesa brand. In addition to her work at our Tasting Room, she worked at Nic's in Cottonwood and quickly became a much-loved fixture at the winery and in the community.
While we are sad to lose a treasured member of our team, we are excited to follow Dina’s exciting career journey.
Emil and Cindy thank Dina for her wonderful service over the last 9 months! We will miss her dearly and hope that she returns to us some day.
Reminder: Purchase Wine & Gear on our Website
The Cove Mesa Vineyard Website (covemesa.com) is set up for all of your purchases for those who cannot come to our Tasting Room in Cottonwood.
How does it work?
- Our Merchadise can be purchased by residents of any state - we will ship UPS Ground to you. Please check out our wide range of Cove Mesa gear and gift items.
- We will ship wine during the "cooler months" - typically October through April
- For Arizona residents, our wines can be purchased from our website and we will ship UPS Ground to you.
- For non-Arizona residents, our wines can be purchased and shipped UPS ground from our Vinoshipper store using the link on our website.
Contact Cindy Molin at 928-200-0752 if you have any questions on website purchasing.
Update - Due to the hot Arizona weather conditions in May through September, we will not be shipping any wine during this period. So - please purchase any wine by Apr 30 and Cindy Molin will ship out to you. Otherwise, you will have to pickup at our Tasting Room or ship after October 1.
**** Thanks for your support *****